Thursday, June 2, 2011

Lazy Day at the Beach

Ok so I'm having another lazy day here at the beach (home).  It is weird starting over....I'm just kinda wingin it...I did join the nicer gym from fitness 19 yesterday and went to a cynergy class..Its like yoga only harder. I joined this gym so I could work out with weights and go to classes that I like...zumba etc

I am going to volunteer at the local Woods Humane Society where the animals get adopted..I really miss walking my husky Peyton everyday..she kept me centered..and walking a dog keeps your cholesterol down. Owning a cat keeps your blood pressure down if you hold it. I also miss kitty...Rachelle's crazy cat Leo...King Louie ran away the first day we moved to Redding..we did not find him until a year later...he had settled into the street above us..go figure..and he acted like a mayor going to one home to the other getting food at each home..I prayed to see him one last time before I moved and that day as I took my walk..I stopped to talk to my neighbor and King Louie was in his garage on the boat..so God is good! He cares about all of our little prayers as well as our bigger ones.

I was wondering what to do with my wedding dress after carrying it around for 20 years..I kept it for Rachelle's visit in May. We got it out, she tried it on and we laughed  about how poofy it was (ya know the 90's). I prayed about what to do with it. God answered the prayer when my African friend emailed me.  He said he found a good woman from his tribe to marry (he really actually said tribe:) and he wanted prayer for 3 things. 1) the wedding dress 2) the ring 3) me coming to Liberia to attend the wedding.  I was amazed and thankful that God would care so much about him and his bride to provide the first requests ( I got a silver ring for $10). I have no desire to go to Africa right now.  I did tell him God may provide a way and reason for me to go there one day...

So what else...oh I got my oil changed in my truck yesterday..as I was waiting I picked up the Men's Health magazine to see what guys are all into these days. Every other page was either an advertisement for a watch, stinky cologne, or alcohol..come on really? All of the articles were lame too...At least in women's magazines we dont have booze ads...that is just gross!  It didnt have anything to do with health by the way...like walking your dog or holding your cat..Haha

Yes, I do actually work...I really love what I do, it doesnt seem like work..since I am building my business up after moving every two to four years...it may take awhile before I have listings or sales...I usually run on the beach Saturday mornings and then I do an open house. And of course I go to the home tours and office meeting tours. The prices are continuing to drop which is good for the buyers. A home just went for sale across the street..the older man just bought it 8 months ago and decided to stay in LA...I met his son this morning as he was sitting on the outside steps of the home..He was upset with his dad for buying it in the first place and selling it so soon at a loss..I asked him if his dad needed the money and he said no. Then I said whats the problem he just changed his mind. Really I dont get these adult children.  Why do they care what their parents decide to do?  Are they waiting for them to drop off and get their money? People worry about so many things. Get a LIFE!...my mom can do whatever she wants to do with her home (the 1100 sq ft tract home where my 3 brothers and I grew up).  I dont want anything except maybe these cool soup bowls from the 60's that have a unique glaze (my bro Phil wants the retro black and steel coffee table shaped like a surf board, Perry wants the old slides of my dad and our family+the projector+screen..I dont think Paul wants anything...maybe his old hot wheels and baseball cards :)

Ok, so Im gonna get going..Have to buy soil to plant the lemon tree I bought at a local farmer's market. We are all so spoiled here on the Central Coast...we have fresh fruit (right now strawberries) and veggies..Oh yes I am going to the gym and my women's bible study at my girlfriends home tonite...and I actually do work (or play) tomorrow.

Life is good...

Romans 8:28 All things happen for good to those who love the Lord and who are called according to His purpose.

1 comment:

  1. Penny, I'm so glad you are doing well! It's funny how you mentioned wanting dishes....that's pretty much the only thing my sisters and I wanted when the family sold the beach house. I can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete